How Does Block Watch Work?
Block Watch is a program where neighbours look out for each other. The Block Watch Program is a free community-based crime prevention program administered by Central Saanich Police Service. Block Watch participants make a commitment to watch out for each other’s homes, and report suspicious activities to the police and to each other. To get started, your block will need a Captain who is willing to complete a criminal record check and will organize a block watch meeting once per year (which can be held at Central Saanich Police Service or at a neighbour’s home). The meeting is approximately one hour to discuss crime prevention information.
What Does Block Watch Provide?
- General home security tips
- Tips to prevent theft from or of motor vehicles, RV’s, etc.
- Personal Safety tips
- Block Watch window stickers
- Block Watch street signs
- Tips on how to properly recognise and report crime and suspicious activity to the police
- Continued Police partnership
- A greater sense of safety among residents
Participants of Block Watch are also eligible to receive a discount on home insurance. If you are interested in learning more about Central Saanich Police Block Watch, please contact the Block Watch Coordinator Cst. Glen Davies at 250.652.4441. For more information about Block Watch visit the Block Watch BC website.