To receive a Criminal Record Check you must:
- Be a resident of Central Saanich and not reside within the land of the Tsartlip or Tsawout nations.
- COVID-19 CHANGE OF PRACTICE: Central Saanich Police Service will only process Criminal Record Checks for those working in the Vulnerable Sector. This type of check is applicable to people who will be working with community members who are at risk, like children, those who may experience accessibility challenges or our elders, etc.
- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: Please call us at 250.652.4441 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. Masks are mandatory.
- If you are looking to have a Criminal Record Check completed for Non-vulnerable Sector, please contact our partner agency The Commissionaires.
- Display two pieces of identification; at least one with a photo and proof of Central Saanich address.
- Pay $70 (cash or debit only at this time) if the Criminal Record Check is for employment purposes.
- If the Criminal Record Check is for volunteer purposes there is no fee, however, you must provide a letter from the organization you are volunteering with and the letter must have an original signature from a member of the organization. Your name must also be included in the letter as proof that you are volunteering with the organization.
Please note: The application requires two to three weeks to be processed. Central Saanich Police DO NOT notify applicants when their completed Criminal Record Check is ready to be picked up.
You do not require fingerprints for a Criminal Record Check UNLESS you are flagged within our database. If you have been fingerprinted in the past, for any criminal activity, your Criminal Record Check may be delayed in processing. COVID-19 CHANGE OF PRACTICE: If you require fingerprinting, we will contact you for an appointment. Masks are mandatory.
Youth applicants will require government issued ID, such as a BC Identification Card or a passport, as well as a second piece of ID. Youth can visit the Driver Services branch in Sidney to apply for a BC Identification Card. Sidney Driver Services is located at 9884 Third St, in the Court House building behind the Town Hall and Beacon Community Services.