- Be a resident of Central Saanich and not on reserve land.
- Complete the Criminal Record Check form in-person during office hours, 8:30am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday at 1903 Mount Newton Cross Road.
- Display two pieces of identification; at least one with a photo and proof of Central Saanich address.
- Pay $70 fee if the Criminal Record Check is for employment purposes.
- If the Criminal Record Check is for volunteer purposes there is no fee, however, you must provide a letter from the organization you are volunteering with and the letter must have an original signature from a member of the organization. Photocopies of signatures are not acceptable. Your name must also be included in the letter as proof that you are volunteering with the organization.
Please note: The application requires two to three weeks to be processed. Central Saanich Police DO NOT notify applicants when their completed Criminal Record Check is ready to be picked up.
You do not require fingerprints for a Criminal Record Check UNLESS you are flagged according to the National RCMP CPIC policy. Due to a change in National RCMP CPIC policy, there has been a significant change in the Vulnerable Sector Screening. If you have been fingerprinted in the past, for any criminal activity, your Criminal Record Check may be delayed in processing. Central Saanich Police Service has established the following hours for the purpose of non-criminal fingerprinting: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.