Going away? Here are some ways to protect your home:
• Tell trusted neighbours that you will be away and ask them to watch your home and call police if they notice anything suspicious.
• Tell them how they can reach you and when you expect to return.
• Put lights, radio and/or TV on timers to indicate someone is home.
• If you have a home phone, turn the ringer down (so thieves do not here ringing that goes unanswered).
• Cancel all deliveries or have a neighbour collect for you.
• Ask a friend to spend some time at your home and park their vehicle in your driveway every couple of days.
• Disable garage door openers.
• Lock all doors and windows, sheds and garage.
• Ensure no tools are left outside and visible.
• Don’t put your home address on luggage.
• Don’t post that you are away on social media, post photos upon return.
We wish everyone stress free holiday travel.