All applicants must meet the following minimum standards:
- Minimum age 19 years
- No criminal Record
- Completion of POPAT in a time of less than 4 minutes and 15 seconds
- Good written and verbal skills
- Physically fit
- Colour photocopy of your Birth Certificate
- Colour photocopy of your official Canadian Citizenship certificate or Permanent Residence card if born outside of Canada
- Official stamped transcript in a sealed envelope from your High school, College or University that you attended. If the applicant has a college diploma or university degree then the high school transcript is not required.
- Colour photocopy of a valid class 5 drivers licence or equivalent
- Colour photo copy of a standard first aid certificate with CPR level C
- Vision Standards
- Must be binocular and have unaided vision of not less than 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye
- Vision should be correctable with approved vision aid to a minimum 20/20 both eyes open with no one eye poorer than 20/30
- Colour vision must pass the Ishihara test or the Farnsworth D-15 test
- This minimum vision acuity is required for safe performance of policing duties if glasses or contacts are lost or displaced
- Must be at least 150 degrees continuous along the horizontal meridian and 20 degrees continuous above and below fixation with both eyes open and examined together
- Applicants who have had Laser eye surgery must wait one month post surgery for an eye examination and have our form completed by the surgeon stating there are no adverse conditions
- Normal hearing in both ears.
Central Saanich Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.
*Central Saanich Police Service hiring information and processes may be subject to change.*