- Submit cover letter and resume. Please demonstrate how you meet our minimum requirements and why you would like to serve with the Central Saanich Police Service. Please provide your complete address, with postal code, and your valid email address.
- Complete the Language and Proficiency Index Exam – Level 5 required. Please contact us when you have completed the LPI including the date, time and location of the exam.
- Complete Physical Test. Applicants may contact the Pacific Institute for Sports Excellence (PISE) directly to register for the POPAT which must be completed in 4.15 minutes or less. Central Saanich Police Service also accepts PARE certificates completed within one year and the PARE must be completed in 4 minutes or less.
- Screening Interview. This interview is conducted by the Recruiting Sergeant and focuses on general suitability, life experience, integrity and assesses the next step in your hiring process.
- Complete and submit application – Recruit Application and Lifestyle Questionnaire. If you are invited to continue to this stage of the process you will be supplied with the application to complete and submit in a sealed envelope to the Recruiting Sergeant.
- Follow-up Interview. This interview is conducted by the Recruiting Sergeant and focuses on the Recruit Application and Lifestyle Questionnaire and focuses on your integrity, life experience and general suitability.
- Panel Interview. Applicants who advance to this stage will be invited to an interview with a panel of police officers. This behavioral-based interview focuses on the life skills, experience and abilities of the applicant.
- Psychological Test. You will be required to attend a psychologist office, selected by Central Saanich Police Service, for an interview and written test.
- Polygraph Test. Central Saanich Police Service will arrange a test administered by a trained professional qualified in the use of a polygraph, which will be based on the Lifestyle Questionnaire.
- Manager’s Interview. Successful applicants to this stage will be invited to an interview by the Central Saanich Police Service Management team.
- Occupational Health Assessment. At the expense of the Central Saanich Police Service, you will attend a health assessment company to ensure you are able to carry out the occupational requirements of the job as an officer.
- Background Investigation. An extensive background investigation is conducted which includes contacting friends, family members, past and present employers and neighbors.
- Chief’s Interview
- Offer of Employment
Central Saanich Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.
*Central Saanich Police Service hiring information and processes may be subject to change.*