Central Saanich Police Service is committed to safe driving and supports safe driving initiatives. Learn more about road safety from ICBC.
Reporting Dangerous Drivers and possibly Impaired Drivers:
- Call 9-1-1
- Provide the location of the driver – intersection or block
- Provide the direction of travel
- Provide the vehicle description and license plate (as much as possible)
- Provide details of the driving behavior observed which led you to call
Making a Driving Complaint: (Driving infractions that are not life threatening)
Police are required to attain specific information to achieve charges and convictions. In order for a driving complaint to result in tickets and associated fines, the complainant must provide the following information:
- Correct license plate and vehicle description
- Correct location of the incident and time it took place
- Description of the driver
The complainant MUST be willing to:
- Provide a statement, preferably written (hand or typed)
- Be prepared to attend court
Ultimately the decision to pursue charges is at the discretion of the officer after full consideration of the facts.
For more information from our community partners, visit the CRD Traffic Safety Commission website.
For details about traffic rules, regulations and consequences visit Road Safety BC.