The Central Saanich Police Service assigns one Youth Resource Officer (YRO), who is dedicated to improving school safety by building a positive police presence in schools. The YRO proactively establishes relationships and connections with youths - pursuing crime prevention through education. The YRO works collaboratively with the school community and is a point of contact for students, staff, and families.
To enhance the relationship between the police, youths, and the school community, the Youth Resource Officer is responsible for:
- Creating a better understanding of the police officer’s role in the community
- Giving students a basic understanding of law and order, including their responsibilities to the law and knowledge about how the law protects them
- Creating a better understanding of the youth’s responsibility to their community
- Offering presentations on crime and safety issues which are relevant to youths
- Monitoring and taking appropriate action in relation to crime in the school community
If you have any questions or would like further information about the Youth Resource Officer, please contact Cst. Glen Davies at 250.652.4441